A favorite with the world’s top chefs including Thomas Keller and Rick Bayless, Pacifico striped bass are sustainably raised in the open ocean of Baja California,This is a true striped bass and the world’s first farmed striped bass, not to be confused with hybrid striped bass farmed in freshwater ponds and lakes. Featuring beautiful striped skin and white meat with a clean mouth feel and semi-firm texture, Pacifico striped bass has more fat content than wild fish, resulting in melt-in-the-mouth flavor. Our smaller Pacifico whole striped bass are perfect for roasting or grilling whole. If you like flaky white fish, you’ll love striped bass.
- Pacifico striped bass are the world’s first open-ocean raised sustainable fish.
- Farmed 8 miles off the coast of Ensenada, Mexico, Pacifico striped bass comes from pristine, deep ocean canyon waters which act as a natural filter. The farm’s proximity to the United States means low carbon footprint.
- Less handling, specially-designed feed, and the natural flow of clean currents result in Pacifico striped bass that are consistently delicious and grow in an environment that is maintained to the level of its natural purity.
- Quality is measured at every step of the growth cycle, starting in the hatchery and then rearing the fish to market size, all within the same region.
- American Heart Association™ Heart Check Certification
- Pacifico striped bass is recommended as Yellow/Good Alternative by Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch.
- Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) 4 Star Certification
- Pacifico has a vision to be a restorative force within the community, the industry, and to the striped bass species. As the global population rapidly approaches 9 billion people, there is an increasing need for high quality protein. Pacifico’s goal is to continue to innovate, and to demonstrate to the world the unique and powerful brand of aquaculture that they are practicing in Baja California, Mexico.